Whether you are a demure, little lady or a vivacious vixen, one this is for sure – you’re perfect for pin up. In case you missed it, I’m serious about women empowerment, which is precisely what I love about pin up.
Over the years, I’ve been in (and then out) of the pin up community, but no matter how brutal the breakup is, I always find my way back to where my heart feels whole. Pin up in South Africa is a small group, that offers big potential for women who want to feel like a million bucks in their own skin. That’s the one thing that I simply adore about pin up, is how amazing I feel in my own skin – no matter what my size is.
My 9 to 5 involves pageants of the biggest kind, so I see what goes into a massive production and I respect the time and effort that goes into winning a pageant of that magnitude. Although my day job is very focused on a conservative pageant, I see how they enrich the lives of young women – and I love it. I think that this is why I’m so passionate about encouraging women to enter pageants as well, and why I’m writing this post today.
Last year saw the end of Bettie Flash, and like Taylor being unable to come to the phone right now, Bettie Flash is also dead. This year I will be debuting an old school fox, a not-so-Stepford wife and a staunch advocate of women empowerment. I feel that it is time to take back our power as women, and if we need to take a step back into the 50’s to do so, then why the hell not? Entries for the Miss Bombshell Betty pageant opened today and before the ink had even dried on the paper, my entry was in.
This would be my third pageant and I’m feeling really excited about it already. As a pageant Fundy, here are a few reasons why YOU should have entered already too.
- Sisterhood – While not all sisters are created equally, 95% of the women you will meet will become life long friends. My besties are women that I met through the pin up scene in South Africa and I cherish every friendship that has come from this beautiful and unique culture.
- Self-Confidence – There is nothing quite like the feeling that you can take over the world in a swing skirt… and you absolutely can. I love how confident I feel when I’m dressed in full pin up attire (which is almost every day) and feeling like a fox. Imagine channelling that on a stage while you’re in an exquisite dress?
- Sexiness – Admit it, pin ups are all babes and size has nothing to do with that either. You are guaranteed to step on that stage and feel like a million of the sexiest dollars around! Plus, there will be so many photo opportunities that you’re guaranteed to have a little portfolio after an afternoon.
- Fun – it is a lot of fun. Nerve wracking, but so much fun. You will laugh so much, your tummy will hurt, but man-oh-man, it’s fun!
- Prizes – show me a woman who doesn’t love pretty things, and I’ll show you a robot.
Bottom line is that if you are in South Africa, can get to Cape Town if you’re chosen – you should. The Miss Bombshell Betty pageant is one for the books and the first of its kind in South Africa. You’re basically writing history by entering.
Click on this link to enter and I can’t wait to see you on that stage!
Until next time.