It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in my house. Who am I kidding? It looks like Santa threw up in my house right now. I’m on a mission to eat clean but still eat tastily, so we’re making a lot of food at home – that includes treats. Riley and I tackled this easy peasy chocolate and date ball recipe that was a hit with the Kidd.
When I say easy, I mean as easy as chucking 6 ingredients together and popping them in the fridge. But try for yourself and let me know how much you love them too.
15 pitted dates – (I used Natures Choice)
1 cup almond meal – (I milled a cup of raw almonds in my Nutribullet for this)
1/2 cup of shredded coconut
1/3 cup of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of raw cocoa powder
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
How to make the deliciousness
- Dice up your dates into super fine chunks – personally, the Nutribullet is the best thing for this.
Mill the cup of almonds into a fine powder, leaving a few almond chunks for an awesome crunch.
- Measure out a cup of almond meal and mix your diced dates and cocoa powder together.
- Add the coconut oil and coconut shreds to the mixture and mix until you have a gooey mess of goodness.
- Lick the spoon.
- Allow your mixture to stand for 20 minutes so that your chia seeds soften.
- Pour a little (a lot) of coconut into a shallow bowl and start rolling into balls.
- Coat your date balls in coconut and pop into the fridge to set.
Macros per serving
I can safely say that these are super tasty and that they’re a better alternative to sweets and nasty treats. Plus, if the Kidd approves, then you know it’s a good one. I love hearing from you, so leave your thoughts in the comments below. Follow me on Facebook and Twitter for more real talk, snappy snaps and fun.
Until next time.