I’ve always been fortunate in that Riley has never been overly fussy when it comes to veg, but I get that lots of moms aren’t as lucky. The next best thing is to lie to your kids about what they’re eating and here is the perfect recipe for you to do just that.
Initially discovered on Sugarfree Sundays Instagram, and adapted to fit in with the leftover zucchini and pattipans I had shrivelling up in my fridge.
40g Milled Rolled Oats
20g Cocoa Powder
30g Coconut Flour
30g Protein Powder (Vanilla or Chocolate work best)
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/3 tsp Baking Soda
200g Zucchini and Pattipan mix
2 Whole Eggs
2 tbsp Liquid Stevia
1 tbsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Sift dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Blend wet ingredients – I use my trusty Nutribullet.
- Fold the wet ingredient mixture into dry ingredients.
- Pour your mixture into a greased baking tin.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Check that the knife comes out clean.
I add blueberries and crushed almonds to mine to make it look really fancy and we all love it. We manage to get 12 slices out of a loaf at 68 calories per slice (macros per slice below).
P – 5,3g
C – 6,4g
F – 2g
Happy baking and veggie faking!
Until next time.